4/25/08

Easter, Take Two

It's orthodox easter. On Thursday, I saw a procession on one of the two main streets. I saw it from the back first, and there was a mixture of cheering and moaning so I thought it was going to be something nationalistic...

Maybe soldiers on parade, like I saw in Hero's Square Budapest. That's a strange memory, it was raining and no one was watching.

Anyway, this time it was baking hot, and there were soldiers, but they were of the roman centurion, first century variety. There they were, smacking up Jesus, while everyone photographed. John was carrying the cross, women were weeping. An open-backed van at the head played out moody music as they moved along. I wouldn't say I enjoyed it the spectacle but I was glad to be reminded of the idea of Bad Friday. In Take One, I was working so much, wrapped up in imagined heart break and travel plans, and the excitement of a visit from my Grandmother; I hardly noticed what we were remembering. Skipped the crucifixion and didn't notice living without God.

My designs on this one-week holiday include Woyzeck tonight, and a trip to Sibiu midweek. Also, painting the apartment and writing even more postcards. If you haven't got one yet, you might still get lucky!

I talked to my family this morning. There's been a promotion, French revision and drama. Eoin was thought missing, presumed dead. Before being found in his bed asleep, having come home even before his curfew. He wants me to mention his knifed remains being found under a bush on Horfield Common. This blog needs spice, not you talking about bridges. Dad has a new job title and responsibility; I can't say what but I can tell you he sold out on his anti-PC principles to get it. Actually used the word 'inclusive'.

PS. I love you.

No comments: