8/13/08

Hottie (Agra & Delhi)

Back in the land of chai and thalis:

Two little girls arrived in Delhi around midnight to heat and fights on the street.
One little girl has gone to Agra, to see certain popular mausoleum, and talked into buying rugs. Finally found disposable camera, and have gone crazy. Feel my heart has gone so fast and my eyes been so wide open! I'd forgotten that I can manage in a city on my own. With Sri Lanka's laidback spirit and D&Gs good ideas, I had pretty much floated along these past two weeks.
Speaking of floating - on Monday 11th August I reached an unspeakable age, and those two darling people gave me a beautiful day. They woke me up singing and led me to a bath filled with fresh tropical flowers, overlooking the rainforest. Red and orange and white and purple and luscious green and sky blue (haha). Then a breakfast of pineapple and banana with curd and treacle. Curd is my favourite thing in Sri Lanka, and if you saw my surfer, you would know that's saying a lot. Its creamy and a little bit savoury and smells like babies.. in a good way. Drank fresh coconut water from champagne glasses.
Then there was this bundle of rags, which looked a lot like the hippy clothes Geo had been buying downbythe beach. And I thought Aw, she's giving some to me. Confession - the thought was probably a bit less nice than that. But no... Inside was a shimmering creature, or maybe I was a shimmering creature when I wore her. I'd seen a black dress/coat (debatable) in one of the beach second hand shops. Totally out of place, ridiculous and fantastic. Covered in sequins.. Knee length with sleeves to the elbow. I didn't try it on but I had a feeling. Went back the next evening and it had gone. Georgia and I discussed what terrible tortures we'd inflict when we saw the batch what bought it on the beach.. But long story short, that minx had gone and bought it, and sworn the shop owner to secrecy. I love her.
So now I'll stop these reminisces and get on a train and she'll be sitting there waiting and then in two days we'll be home though I don't know if and why that's a good idea.

No comments: